By now you know I’m the minimalist make-up guru. I love a 5 product, 2 minute look, but in the summer, you deal with my least favorite nemesis…sweat. I sweat so much, and my forehead is the first to look greasy. It’s par for the course, living in the midwest, but I’ve got some tips and tricks up my sleeve for helping you achieve the perfect summer look without the shine!
1. Use a good toner – Toner helps even out skintone and balance your pH, prepping it for your day cream or daily moisturizer. My favorite is here. This toner is alcohol-free and mattifying! It also helps with acne and blemishes. It controls excess oil, and minimizes the appearance of pores. Plus, it smells amazing and is super gentle!
2. Use the right moisturizer – This moisturizer helps combat heat and humidity because it adapts your skin to what is going on outside. Pretty cool, right?! This is my go-to of all of Beautycounter’s daily moisturizers and it is extremely light but gives excellent coverage.
3. Apply your foundation and then your mattifying powder – A mattifying powder is new to me, so I’ve only used Beautycounter’s but I’m sure a lot of them work the same. It’s just important the order you apply them, that being after your foundation. This one is white, but it blends in perfectly, helping absorb shine and reducing pores and fine lines! Win, win!
4. Use a facial mist – There’s two I love on the regular. Beautycounter’s No. 3 Balancing Mist for setting my makeup and a midday pick me up. It is formulated with charcoal to reduce shine and calm redness. And Beautycounter’s No. 1 Brightening Mist for a glowy look. This mist is packed with Vitamin C and adds a burst of glow to otherwise dull skin. BONUS TIP – keep your mists in the fridge for an extra cooling hit when you use them in the summer!
5. Try Makeup Remover Wipes – I think sometimes our skin needs a break from all the makeup and products we use daily. I keep makeup remover wipes on hand for late summer nights or to take eye makeup off when I don’t have remover. My two favorites are this one and this one.
For my daily summer look, I do the following:
-Wash face with Countercontrol Exfoliating Cleanser or the Charcoal Bar (alternating them)
-Apply Countercontrol Toner or Rosewater Mist Toner
-Use Countermatch Adaptive Daily Moisturizer + Eye Cream
-Apply Tint Skin (Sand) or Dew Skin (No 2)
-Apply mattifying powder
-Halo Highlight powder just above the apples of my cheeks
-Garden Party Color Intense Lipstick or Peony Gloss
For any questions on the products used, go to Beautycounter.com or comment below and I can help you!